Hi. My name is Tami. I am the author of this blog. You can contact me by posting a comment or emailing me at readaton@gmail.com. I am also happy to add you as a friend at www.goodreads.com where I keep track of everything I am reading.

I LOVE to read. I am pursuing my master's degree in library and information science at San Jose State University. Right now I mostly use this blog for class assignments.

No matter your reading tastes you will find books for you here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BOOKTALK: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

The Graveyard Book Neil Gaiman

“There was a hand in the darkness, and it held a knife.”

So begins the story of Nobody Owens, known as Bod. On the night his parents are brutally murdered, 2 year old Bod calmly climbs out of his crib and toddles out of the house and into a nearby cemetery. There he is adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Owens (childless and dead for 250 years!) who gladly care for the child and protect him from harm.

With loving ghostly parents, teachers, friends, and protectors, Bod grows from age two to fifteen in the graveyard. He learns to read and do numbers, and he also learns some ghostly skills. But not all the residents of the graveyard are friendly. There are witches, ghouls and creatures and let’s not forget Jack – the fiend who is out to finish the job he started.

How will Bod survive? Or will he? Can his loving family and friends really protect him from the evil Jack? Read the Newbery Award winning book, The Graveyard Book and find out!

written by Diana Ferbrache, Hazen High School Librarian

No comments: