Hi. My name is Tami. I am the author of this blog. You can contact me by posting a comment or emailing me at readaton@gmail.com. I am also happy to add you as a friend at www.goodreads.com where I keep track of everything I am reading.

I LOVE to read. I am pursuing my master's degree in library and information science at San Jose State University. Right now I mostly use this blog for class assignments.

No matter your reading tastes you will find books for you here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BOOKTALK: Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls by Meg Cabot

Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls: Moving Day by Meg Cabot

Allie Finkle is at war! She's at war with the idea of moving to a new house. Her family's old house is just fine. Her best friend lives just down the street, and she has the best teacher at her school. And school's already started. Moving after school starts is against the rules… And Allie is ALL about rules.

She likes science and math because they have rules. Allie also makes up rules, so many that she can't always remember them, and has to write them down in her notebook, Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls. Some are rules somebody told her, like "What goes up, must come down," or "Treat your friends like you'd like to be treated." Other rules are ones she makes up herself, like "Never eat anything red," or "If someone is yelling from excitement, the polite thing to do is yell back," or "Never put a cat in a suitcase." But the most important rule is "Never let your family move into a haunted house."

That rule is the reason why Allie's at war-but is it a war she has even any chance of winning? And what will she do if she loses?

*Written by Joni Bodart. Retrieved from Scholastic.com

No comments: