Hi. My name is Tami. I am the author of this blog. You can contact me by posting a comment or emailing me at readaton@gmail.com. I am also happy to add you as a friend at www.goodreads.com where I keep track of everything I am reading.

I LOVE to read. I am pursuing my master's degree in library and information science at San Jose State University. Right now I mostly use this blog for class assignments.

No matter your reading tastes you will find books for you here. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

BOOKTALK: The Roar by Emma Clayton

The Roar by Emma Clayton

Everyone on Earth lived inside the Wall. Fifty feet of concrete, topped with three rows of electrified razor wire, it made a loop around the top one-third of the planet, and Earth’s entire population was jammed inside. It had been built during the Animal Plague, when every animal on Earth went insane and started attacking and killing humans. The Wall kept the animals out. But with only one-third of the space they used to have, humans were packed in on top of each other, living in tiny fifteen foot square fold up apartments. Babies were forbidden for 30 years, and twins Mika and Ellie were part of the first generation born inside the Wall.

They never got along, always fighting over something. But they were connected at a level far deeper than who got to sleep in the top bunk. That’s why Mika was so angry and upset when Ellie disappeared, and the police told them she’d fallen off a walkway and drowned. He knew she was alive—his connection with her was stretched so tightly that it almost hurt. She was far away, but alive. And no one was looking for her!

Ellie was determined to get away from Mal Gorman. He’d kidnapped her a year ago, and had been training her to be a warrior ever since. She smart, and learned quickly. And what she’d learned made it possible for her to escape.

When he found out she was gone, Gorman went after her with everything he had. She knew the Secret, and she was a ticking time bomb that could blow up in his face and ruin all his plans, perhaps even reveal the secret of what was really behind the wall.


No comments: