Hi. My name is Tami. I am the author of this blog. You can contact me by posting a comment or emailing me at readaton@gmail.com. I am also happy to add you as a friend at www.goodreads.com where I keep track of everything I am reading.

I LOVE to read. I am pursuing my master's degree in library and information science at San Jose State University. Right now I mostly use this blog for class assignments.

No matter your reading tastes you will find books for you here. Enjoy!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Recommended books for June

I have been a bit slow on my blogs this week. But I have 2 books to recommend for this month. I just finished Escape by Carolyn Jessop. She lived in the polygamy colony that was run by Warren Jeffs. It was a fascinating read. The writing style was okay, but the story was absolutely gripping. I could not put it down.


My next recommendation is an adult fantasy book. If you are enjoying Daughter of the Forest, then you might enjoy some other fantasy books. I really only read mainstream fantasy that doesn’t really get too weird. The book I will recommend for June is entitled Archangel by Sharon Shinn. There are five in this Samaria Series. They are Archangel, Jovah’s Angel, The Alleluia Files, Angelica, and Angel Seeker. I read these books a number of years ago and greatly enjoyed them. I think I will eventually go back and read them again.

Sharon Shinn also has many other books published. I think I will put a few on my to-be-read list at goodreads.com since I don't have enough to read! Ha! Ha!

3 comments:

Suko said...

Escape does sound fascinating, Tami. Thanks for your reviews.

Christine said...

I am trying to down load escape to listin to while I drive to St george in the morning I hope it works.

Ashley said...

I've read a lot of fantasy lately,and I really like them. I saw Tithe on your Goodreads, my friend has said they are really good. Has anyone heard about The Last Olympian?? Isn't that a modern tale with Greek Gods and Heroes? That was one I wanted to read.